Live the Forest or “Vivamos el Bosque” started as a dream, became an idea and it is now a plan that is coming along little by little. Through a recently founded Roots & Shoots Group, I am working to develop a pilot non formal educational program for children and youth, in addition to a business plan that Otonga Foundation could use to sustain the program in the long run. I plan to raise 10 000 USD in the next 10 months to start running the program properly.
The project has no money now. Although raising money seems always difficult at first, I am positive that by thinking outside the box and working hard in what we are passionate about, we will find our way. The project’s fundraising plan includes activities such as:
– Photography workshops at the Otongachi Research and Educational Center.
– Orientation and survival workshops at the Otonga Forest.
– Scientific illustration workshops at the Otongachi Research and Educational Center.
– Bird Watching workshops at the Otongachi Research and Educational Center.
– Organize “Scientific discussion forum in Coffee shops” in Quito.
– Organize an awareness event: “The Web of Life World Tour: Ecuador” with the communities surrounding the Otonga Reserve.
– Crowd funding: betterplace.org
– Grant applications
We plan to raise money with each event while continuously applying for more money from bigger donors. I hope we can start running the educational program by January 2013.
Last week I presented “Vivamos el Bosque” to the board members of Otonga Foundation and some good friends of Otonga.
They are all really excited about the idea and are willing to help the project. I received great input and currently we have all their support!! 🙂 Thank you all for joining the dream!
Don´t hesitate to give me your inputs please!… The more we are, the stronger we get!